Fellow Delta Chi Alumni Leaders,
We’ve conducted our soft-launch of the biggest fundraising campaign the Minnesota Chapter has ever conducted and we are off to a great start. Over the next month you will see additional communication in many forms as we strive to reach our goal of $100,000 and connect with as many Alumni, parents, and community leaders as possible. While our project is of great importance to the Minnesota Chapter, it is also a milestone project for the University Greek Community and the University of Minnesota Greek Letter Chapter House historic district in Minneapolis.
Here’s a quick update on our progress:
1) we have commitments for $42,000 of our $100,000 goal so far. This is enough to ensure that we can complete at least the University and 16th Avenue sides when combined with some funding that Corporation has earmarked for this project if needed – our goal is to raise 100% of the funding required and enable Corporation to use the earmarked funds for other projects
2) a donor inquired about contributing appreciated stock – thanks to the help of Dan Fritz we have put all mechanisms in place to take such donations and received commitment for a $5,000 contribution from the inquiring donor. A separate announcement will go out shortly on this donation and the capability to take appreciated equities.
3) a $35,000 matching funds commitment was made by another donor – we will be announcing this in the near future as part of our overall marketing efforts.
4) a comprehensive marketing campaign is being finalized and will commence in the next couple weeks with a goal of having all contributions secured by the end of June.
5) Hans Okerstrom has initiated updating the project bid and securing a second competitive bid. Once this process is completed we will be in a position to initiate work – likely in May. I’ll forward a copy of the initial proposal shortly so you can see the full extent of the project.
What Can You Do:
1) spread the word – especially as our marketing campaign gets underway
2) identify any business or community organizations that you feel might be interested in contributing
3) contribute if you are able – contributions can easily be made at http://thehhf.org
Thank you for your support!