Twin Cities Area Delta Chi Scholarship Foundation
The Twin Cities Area Delta Chi Scholarship Foundation will make a donation of $500 per year to one member from each of the U of M and Mankato chapters. The Scholarship Foundation will pay the award directly to the member’s university account.
Rules for attaining the scholarship
- The fall semester will be used for the scholarship period; cumulative g.p.a. will not be taken into account.
- The local chapter exec board nominates as many eligible members for the award as they see fit.
- To be eligible for the award:
- the individual must be an initiated member into Delta Chi.
- the member must be in good financial standing with both Delta Chi and the housing corporation.
- the member must have had a fall semester g.pa. of at least 3.0.
- The member must complete the scholarship application.
- The member must type up in less than one page why they should receive the scholarship and attach the essay to the scholarship application.
- The chapter president will email all member applications and essays to the president of the Twin Cities Area Delta Chi Scholarship Foundation by the date specified by the foundation president.
Rules for awarding the scholarship and presentment to the winner
- The Scholarship Foundation will review all essays at its next monthly meeting. A vote of the trustees will determine the scholarship winner (1 per chapter).
- The Foundation trustees will consider the following criteria when determining the winner:
- chapter leadership
- student group participation
- chapter representation (e.g. intramural participation)
- chapter house residency
- applicant essay
- The Foundation president will notify the winners of the scholarships.